12/15/08

Little Somethings! (DPP- Day 15)

The children like to countdown to Christmas using this little snowman chalk board. We have had it for a while-I think we got it for $1 at the $ Tree. It just goes to show, you don't have to spend lots of $$$ to do a little something special. Florence Littauer says, "It takes so little to be ABOVE average." That dollar bought a whole lotta of smiles!
How 'bout that! :)
This year we are doing something new with our kids. Every day they will get to open a very special little present. Grant & I have placed a 'little something' in 48 tiny, colorful boxes. They will each have one for the **12 Days of Christmas**. There may be a Bible scripture, a note from Mom or Dad, an IOU (eg: "I will take you to the ice cream shop"), or a fun size piece of candy. I stacked the cute packages (2"x2") on my 3-tiered server. They can choose any one they may want. After that, we open a little window on our scenic advent calendar. Each day builds up to the birth of Jesus with a note or verse printed on the numbered, little window.
I just love Tea and Coffee! A few years ago, my husband and I found this little antique cabinet at a local shop and I thought it would be perfect to house all my different teas and coffees. It's been fun decorating it for the seasons and I keep it filled and ready for friends to share. I like to use a peppermint stick in my tea,so nearby I keep a few on hand. My Mother gave me the Christmas sugar and creamer china set-many, many years ago. She included the pretty, dainty plates and cups with it. I especially love my scented Christmas mat from Tammy.

2 comments:

Paris said...

I love the snowman countdown and never would have guessed that he was only $1! What a deal!

~Kimberly~ said...

Thanks Paris! I know you must be having the best Christmas ever with that little man-James. He's so cute!

Powered By Blogger