12/17/08

Favorite Reads & Yummie Treats (Day 17)

Most of the time we are pretty much a 'healthy food' family. Most of the time. B-U-T, we are in the month of December and we do enjoy having a variety of goodies to choose from. Sooooo...Even though I prefer NOT to use refrigerated type biscuits, I made this little treat for the kids and they just loved it...so did I! It is so simple too!
Here's the recipe:
  • 1 can Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls (frig dept @ grocer)
  • 1/2 pkg cream cheese
  • 3 T real butter
  • 1 C confection sugar
  • 1/2 t vanilla
*Lay cinnamon rolls on stone or cookie sheet, CUT INTO FOURTHS, this is an important part because it makes it more fun for the kids and you don't really eat as much as you would if they were whole. Then you can put extra icing on the top and that is what really counts! Right!! Bake as directed on pkg. *While they're baking, place cream cheese, butter & vanilla in medium sized bowl. Using hand mixer, blend well. (until softened) Add sugar and blend until smooth. *When rolls are finished baking, immediately spread the icing over them and serve with hot cocoa or coffee. Enjoy!!
We just finished, 'The Long Winter', by Laura Ingalls Wilder and have started 'Little Town on the Prairie'. I get done with my breakfast a little faster than them and so I will read to the children while they finish theirs. It's one of the ways we like to start our mornings. It's just part of our December days.

4 comments:

Paris said...

I love the Little House series! I just finished reading all the books a few weeks ago, I never get tired of them! I'll have to make a mental note about cutting those cinnamon rolls into quarters for the next time we get some. Maybe I won't eat so many calories if they are smaller rolls! ;)

Tammy said...

I love those precious times together with the children - I just love homeschooling for those special times!

Music Eloquence said...

You're so neat. I just love you!!!

~Kimberly~ said...

*We don't get tired of them either. I don't remember if we've read them 2 or 3 times over the years. They're so interesting. I just love 'Ma' and 'Pa'
*Yes, those times are what keep me going and the memories are the best.
*I love you too, Von! You always inspire me!

Powered By Blogger