3/1/09

it's a snow day

Early this morning I woke up and heard a loud howling outside. I listened closely and realized it was a fierce wind. As I listened I could hear the tree branches swishing and snapping with the blustery winds. I was eager to see outside, so I slipped over to the window and peeked into the newly dawning morning. You could not see the sun rising, but the clock told me it was time for the sun to be waking us up. I walked into the kitchen and looked out the window. This was the scene before me. It was so beautiful to see. By this time my husband was standing there with me and we woke the children. We had the beginning of a snow storm. It's so cold. It's blustery and windy. It was coming at a slant, but was soft and fluffy! We were tucked safely inside our new home, warm, snug and hungry! It was short lived and after about 5 hours of winds, snowflakes and snow clouds, it has begun to die down. Here are the two little ones out in the front yard. Now, everyone wants to know... "When is Mom going to fix breakfast?" I ask, "Ok, so who's going to help me?" Everyone says, "I am!" "Well, let's get started." I say. More coming...have a great day...Kimi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The snow is a beautiful thing. I like it because it makes everything white and clean looking. Just like Jesus makes us look when we ask for His forgiveness.

~Jesse

Anonymous said...

Love the snow pics - thanks for sharing!

~Kimberly~ said...

It was truly a fun snow day...And He does make us whiter than snow!

Powered By Blogger