6/30/09

A snake under my clothes line...Yikes!!

Just a little while ago, as we were having some quiet time together something was lurking in our back yard...eeewwww. Well, as we looked out the back window we saw the mocking birds flying around and trying to get at something in the grass. We took a closer look and it was this black thing crawling along in the grass.
We grabbed a long-handled squeegee, the shovel and made sure everyone had their boots on!! I immediately thrust that squeegee over its neck and then Garrett took hold of the handle and then I put the shovel through its neck...eeewwww...it was terrible. My poor little chickens were just having a fit! Clucking around and making such a fuss. The kitties were wondering what was going on and we put the puppies into the crate for safety. Ha! Garrett holding the snake... Here's Austin holding the 4'1" long Southern Water Snake

5 comments:

courtne450 said...

Wow! That's a big snake! You are much braver than me... there's no way I could have gone out there and tackled it with a squeegee!

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness! WOW! We get those kind in our pool a lot, but they are always babies - only about a foot long or so! You are my hero! Love you!

~Kimberly~ said...

I'm not sure it had anything to do with being brave...it was just a matter of protection. Afterward I realized how hard my heart was beating. But we did it! The kids and I!
Now we're more on the look out when we go to feed the animals. Geeeez!

Tina said...

Oh my word! You are soooo brave!! I would have had a heart attack!

~Kimberly~ said...

I think I practically did afterward! Oh, geeeeez...did I really kill that thing?!

Powered By Blogger