9/21/09

Happy 1st Day of Fall!!

Oh, how I absolutely love this time of year!  Yea--Yea--Yippee!!  It's such a wonderful season and what alot we have to look forward to.  
I have to say this one thing..."To be blessed any more, we'd have to be in heaven."



Last week, my wonderful friend, Bridget, came over with her family and we had a fun time making breakfast together and then spending the rest of the day talking, having tea and sitting outside watching the lazy day go by...then...

...we decided to get out some of my favorite things:  fall wreaths, pretty table cloths, place mats, napkins and rings, little salt & pepper shakers, along with some leaf-shaped candy dishes, a favorite autumn cup & saucer set, and other kitchen items complete with leafy towels and pot holders!!  I know, it may sound  a little silly, but it is a little thing that I always look forward to doing. So I treat myself every season to this 'little thing'. :) Everything looked so pretty and festive and it just brightened the whole house.  

Now, we have this new season upon us and we will build more memories with our family along with others that have come into our lives.  Every year about this time, our family begins to reflect on all that we have been, (and sometimes haven't been) able to accomplish over the past year. It would be easy to sit here and type out lots of things that we didn't get to do, or how things didn't go as we planned, but how would that help anyone? It really wouldn't. So, I'll share something with you...


I woke up today breathing fresh air
brushed my hair & teeth and dressed in one of my favorite dresses
I was free to read my Bible and pray to my Lord-as long as I wanted-and I did!

I ate a healthy breakfast(with my sweet family) drank my favorite tea-with honey
spent time with my beloved (that's my husband)
worked around my home, cleaning and caring for it-it's our little hAven
made my husband a good lunch to take to work
sent him off to work-happy and dressed in clean clothes(we have a washer and dryer)

spent time with my children-laughing, teaching (even correcting at times)
I cleaned my refrigerator---I have one to clean: some people don't
I swept my kitchen, my front porch, my back porch and vacuumed

I enjoyed a pleasant conversation with a friend, we laughed and talked about how good God is
I took time and walked my tiny doggie-she's just adorable

I canned some salsa, some green beans and even some vegetable soup
I read a story to my littlest boy, he read back to me
I got to pray with my children before tucking them into bed
I talked with my older daughter while we finished canning vegetable soup
I got to lay my head on my beloved's shoulder and fall asleep
I know where I'll go if God should come tonight-I'm looking forward to that day


This is all just in one day. It's all just T-O-D-A-Y. Just today.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow and many others, because if I were blessed any more, I just know I'd have to be in heaven.  


Happy Fall to you and your family...make it a season of moments you'll cherish and remember all the little things are what make up the BIG things!  
Blessings to You! Kimi


 

6 comments:

Livin' with the North in the South said...

Had so much fun that day.Hope to do it soon again.

~Kimberly~ said...

How bout today...did you say you're coming over shortly :)
love you!

Tammy said...

Awww - looks like you guys had a great time. I am sitting here repeating - "I will not be jealous, I will not be jealous!!!!!" Thank you for always sharing your heart on here - I love catching up with your doings, but also with the thoughts of your heart. You are such a blessing to me. I love and miss you!

~Kimberly~ said...

Ohhhhhhh...I'm getting a tissue right now. I miss you too, but you know you'd have been here too if we only lived closer... I love you!

Tina said...

What an awesome post!! I was just thinking this morning about how long I should wait to get my fall decorations out.. Well I guess I will wait no longer since you already have yours out, I will too!
I absolutely love decorating the house w/ all my little fall knick-knacks. I also have a lot of desserts I make this time of year and my kids were asking the other day when we were going to start on those. Just not today b/c I am enjoying being lazy this wonderful rainy Saturday!!

~Kimberly~ said...

Oh yea! Go get 'em out and have a great time doing it...so fun and then we get to look forward to Christmas...I love it!

Powered By Blogger